- Ubiquitous and mobile computing
- Machine learning and data analysis
- Location- and context-aware systems
- Human-computer interaction
2006 – 2011
2004 – 2007
MSc in Life Science Informatics, a joint degree from the University of Edinburgh (UK) and the University of Trento (Italy) — funded by the highly competitive Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Thesis: Supporting PCR-related activity with Implicit Culture.
1999 – 2004
BSc cum laude in Radio Physics and Electronics from the Belarusian State University (Belarus) — country's top university.
Thesis: Development of web-based system for support of distant learning in special courses (see full text in Russian).
Apr 2018 – present
Researcher at the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
Nov 2012 – Oct 2017
Research associate at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (University of Luxembourg).
May 2011 – May 2012
Postdoc at Create-Net research center (Italy).
Aug – Dec 2009
Visiting researcher at ETH Zurich (Switzerland).
2006 – 2011
Graduate researcher (PhD student) at Create-Net research center (Italy).
Jul 2003 – Sep 2004
Software development engineer at Spetspribor company (Belarus).
Technical expertiseSome examples can be found in my hobby projects and GitHub repository.
- Programming languages: Python, Java, C/C++, Swift, C#
- Mobile device programming: Android, iOS, BlackBerry 10, multi-platform HTML5 apps, Windows Mobile, J2ME.
- Data analysis tools: R, NumPy/SciPy, Matlab
- Multitouch table interaction: Kivy framework
- Software-defined radio (USRP, RTL-SDR) and digital signal processing (GnuRadio and Python)
- Hardware-controlling applications
- Fluent English
- Native Russian
- Basic Italian